Security forces in Nepal are on high alert amid a common strike on Monday called by an outlawed communist gang suspected in a series of explosions that killed four people and broken seven more in the capital.
Two vehicles were burned in Makawanpur region southeast of the Nepali capital, whilst schools and main markets continued to be closed in Kathmandu, based on local media.
Regular life has been affected across the nation as the Maoist splinter group, which calls itself the Communist Party of Nepal, enforced the attack.
There was clearly no immediate claim of duty but police said they suspected participation of the splinter group, whose pamphlets were found in a home where one of the explosions occurred on Sunday.
Police arrested 12 participants of the banned outfit along with the blasts, according to Bishwa Raj Pokharel, a police spokesman.
The Maoist splinter gang was banned in March and many of its members were arrested.
It had called for the countrywide strike to pressure the government in announcing their detained members.
Police authorized Shyam Lal Gyawali previously said officers were investigating the nature of Sunday’s blasts.
The first explosion happened in northern Kathmandu, hurting two people and wounding five, police said. The second blast was in a home in the central part of the city, killing one and wounding one.
The places around the two blast sites were immediately closed by police and the wounded were taken to hospitals.
Police declared a third explosion wounded two people who they think were members of the group moving the explosive device.
The Maoists fought the authorities forces for a decade before joining the democratic in 2006.
The splinter group has accused the Maoists of leaving the revolution after they combined with the ruling Nepal Communist Party last year.